One of the first memories I have of going to see a reflexologist was when I was 17. This reflexologist knew so much about me by just working on and looking at my feet. When I asked her how she knew these things, she told me it was a ‘gift’ and I thought she must have ‘psychic powers’ or something.
Now that I have studied reflexology and have a few years of experience in the practice, I realise that these ‘gifts’ can actually be learned through specific observations of the feet. From specifically documented resources.
In essence Summer is the season of maturity, growth and awareness.
In TCM summer is associated with the Fire element which controls the Heart, small intestine, circulation and the endocrine meridians.
Summer is the season to have fun and pay attention to the things you are passionate about. It is the season to get active to get your body, heart and circulation working.
This is what you should be doing now:
- Give and be open to receiving love and joy.
- Summer is the time of joy – there are two different kinds of joy, a false sense of joy that comes from the external environment and a true sense of joy that comes from within – that is the kind of joy which one should strive for.
- Make time to do things you enjoy and things that add interest to your life
- Be active to get circulation and heart working. Exercise in the morning (before 11am and the afternoon (after 3pm)
- Eat fresh foods high in electrolytes and enzymes to give you energy – the quality of food is essential for the quality of energy you put out
- Get good energy into your body
- Act on the plans you made in Spring (bear fruition of our hopes and dreams)
- Now is the time to be more active and get things down so that you can reflect on what you have done and slow down in autumn
The 5 emotions related to the 5 elements of Traditional chinese medicine.
Your emotions can create an imbalance in the meridians (or body energy pathways) and may cause dis-ease, if not addressed.
What are emotions? “Emotions are biological states associated with the nervous system brought on by neurophysiological changes variously associated with thoughts, feelings, behavioural responses, and a degree of pleasure or displeasure. There is currently no scientific consensus on a definition.” 
Emotions are energy in motion, “The end product of an experience is an emotion, and emotions are energy in motion. Because where we place our attention is where we place our energy” – Dr Joe Dispenza
In Traditional Chinese medicine, each organ and element is associated with an emotion.
Have you ever heard people talking about illness or disease being ‘all in the mind’? How often have people been diagnosed with more serious diseases or illness after a tragic incident?
We are holistic beings – our mind and bodies work together to create an outcome and they work together in order for us to live and create the life that we are living.There is also another more ‘mystical element’ that plays a role in our lives, most holistic health practitioners would call this the spirit or the innate energy source within us. From my research and studies, I would say that the spiritual part of health and disease would be metaphysics. Metaphysics is a difficult term to explain in a few words.
For today’s short post I wanted to give you some information about one major reason (that many people are unaware of) why western the world is going grain and gluten free: because grains are not prepared correctly. Conventional and ‘convenient’ mass produced food items are definitely not prepared correctly for proper nutrient availability (not to mention the load of chemical additives), and people have forgotten how to prepare grains correctly, or they just don’t have the time.